It is possible to adapt the individual WICKERT Modular System for WKP-S Press Series to the necessary requirements for producing composite materials. The designs for each area of application can range from full-automatic press systems to simple presses with manual operation. The following processes can therefore be realised for the following materials amongst others, GFK, CFK, BMC and SMC:
- RTM and HP-RTM
- Compression presses
Your competitive benefits with WICKERT composite presses:
- Customisable specific press dimensions from 5 – 75.000 kN with heating platen sizes up to 6.000 mm and over, as well as several tiers
- Heating processes up to 500 °C
- Heating/cooling processes up to 430 °C
- Heating/cooling rates of 50 °K/min
- Customised vacuum solutions up to 1 mbar final vacuum
- Homogenous temperature distribution thanks to precision heating platens with accuracies of up to +/- 0,3 °K on the heating platen surface
- High plan-parallelism with additional active plan-parallelism control up to 0,025 mm/m
- Ergonomic operating height thanks to up-stroke design
- Simple operation by intuitive “press easy” control
- “5-fold safety” of the mechanical components
- 5 year warranty on all load-bearing parts
Integration of automation and periphery
- Infrared heating systems
- Robot preforming
- Component transport systems
- Heating/cooling systems
- Integration of injection systems
- Integration of robot technology
- Process data capture and storage
Application examples for RTM and HP-RTM processes
WICKERT WKP 2500 S for RTM process for the manufacture of aircraft components made of carbon fibre. Pressing force 2.500 kN, press platen dimensions 2.400 x 1.700 mm, daylight 1.200 mm, piston stroke 1.000 mm; accessories package: integrated injector, thermo-oil system and tool handling.
Wickert WKP 4000 S for HP-RTM applications in the automotive sector. Pressing force 4.000 kN, press platen dimensions 1.700 x 1.200 mm, daylight 1.200 mm, piston stroke 1.200 mm; accessories package: active plan-parallelism control with maximum deviation of 0.025 mm/m over the whole press surface; integrated ejector, infrared heating field.
Application examples for thermoforming
Wickert WKP 600 S for thermoforming process for the manufacture of aircraft components. Pressing force 600 kN, press platen dimensions 400 x 700 mm, daylight 500 mm, piston stroke 400 mm; accessories package: infrared heating system, fully-automatic releasing agent application, quick mould exchange system including mould pre-heating station.
Wickert WKP 8000 S for high temperature thermoforming process for the manufacture of outside structures for aircrafts. Pressing force 8.000 kN, press platen dimensions 2.000 x 1.000 mm, daylight 1.800 mm, piston stroke 1.800 mm; accessories package: infrared heating system up to 450 °C, high temperature heating-cooling platen up to 500 °C, opening and closing speed 400 mm/s, fully automatic part transfer from loading station to infrared heating system respectively press.
Application examples of compression presses
Wickert 10.000 S, for compression presses (moulded parts) for high temperature applications. Pressing force 10.000 kN, press platen dimensions 1.400 x 1.250 mm, daylight 1.600 mm, piston stroke 1.100 mm; accessories package: high temperature model up to 450 °C, mould transfer.
Application examples for pre-preg
Wickert WKP 12,000 – 2 tier, fully-automatic press system for pre-preg laminates. Pressing force 12,000 kN, press platen dimensions 2.300 x 3.500 mm, daylight 2 x 300 mm, piston stroke 600 mm; accessories package: fully-automatic handling system for raw material feed, product removal as well as quality assurance, integrated heating/cooling system, active plan-parallelism and pressure distribution control.